Group 2 are Intermediate walks between No 1 and No 3 walks
Group 3 walks are easier walks at a slower pace
1) RED LEA – Meet at Moss Bank Park CP at 10.00 for transport to Ryal Fold CP for 10.30 start. Sunnyhurst, Meadow Head, Feniscowles, Red Lea, Higher Hill, Ryal Fold. 9 miles Sarah Ozanne
2) BOWSTON HILL – Harwood bus to Morrison, Harwood for 10.30 start. Cars park on the side streets at the back of Morrisons CP. Brookfold Lane, Bowstone Hill, Stormer Hill, Two Brooks, Affetside, Cromptons, Bradshaw Bottoms. 8 miles Alan & Joyce Simkin
3) ADLINGTON CIRCULAR – Cars meet at far end of Jubille Playing Fields (Jubilee CP), Adlington (turn left at Clayton Arms public house) for 10.30 start.
Canal Bank, Ellerbeck Wood, River Yarrow, Duxbury Park, Spring Wood, Canal Bank. 6-7 miles Michael Langdon
1) MUSBURY HEIGHTS – Meet at side roads at the back of Morrisons CP, Harwood at 10.00 for transport to Helmshore Textile Museum CP (opposite Musbury Fabrics) for 10.30 start. Holden Wood, Calf Hey, Musbury Heights, Musbury Brook, Helmshore. Y.R. 8.5 miles Alan Simkin
2) ROBIN HOOD'S WELL – Walk starts from Peel Tower CP, Ramsbottom at 10.30. Chatterton Close, Cronkshaw Fold, Bridge End, Irwell Vale, Old Mill, Tagg Wood. Y.M. 8 miles Peter Murray
3) HORWICH CIRCULAR – 125 bus to Crown Hotel, Horwich. Walk starts at Lever Park Ave at 10.30. Dean Brook, Alance Bridge, Yarrow Reservoir. 6 miles Florence Wilkes
The Countrywide Holiday Association, (C.H.A.) originally had many holiday centres located throughout the country. In the 1990’s the company ceased trading, however many of the Clubs that were formed have continued to use the name of the Association and have flourished by offering different activities to members.